We are happy to invite you to the first excursion for this year!
On Friday 6 July 2012, YES-DC will travel to Rodenhuize in Gent, Belgium to visit the 100% biomass power station, of GDF Suez and its subsidiary Electrabel.
We will witness at first hand its high environmental performance, find out about the biomass supply chain, learn about the transformation process from a coal-fired unit to biomass technology and many more.
You can find the program below. Keep in mind that places are limited and that you can sign-up until (and including) the 3rd of July the latest.
Date: Friday 6 of July
Pick-up and drop-off point: (to be announced)
– Presentation at GDF Suez / Electrabel and tour of the plant
– Lunch (provided by YES-DC)
– Visit to a biomass storage facility (to be confirmed)
– Boatride in Gent’s canals
– Drinks (provided by YES-DC) and dinner (optional*)
Departure from Gent at 20:00
* Depending on the preference of the participants.
Costs: 25 E per person (includes: travel arrangements, lunch, boatride and drinks). Places are limited!
If you would like to join YES-DC in this exciting trip, sign-up via the form below or by sending an email with your details at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also deposit 25 Euros on the bank account number ING 7467233 in the name of ‘YOUNG ENERGY SPECIALISTS & DEVELOPMENT COOP’ in Utrecht by also stating "Excursion" followed by your name.
Note that since we are traveling abroad bring along your passport or a valid ID.
- Electrabel Rodenhuize power station cuts annual CO2 emissions by over a million tons with full switch to biomass
- Rodenhuize Power Station, Belgium